What Should Your Resume File Name Be
This is the same as numbering the version or calling your file “updated.” your name dec 2014.
What should your resume file name be. Anytime the recipient opens that folder or looks for another file, there’s your name. Your resume file name should include your full first and last name. You leave out your name, and your file is likely to be lost in the shuffle.
Many applicants make the mistake of applying for a position digitally with a resume or cover letter file which has a generic name, such as resume.pdf, or unprofessional like document_1.pdf. You can also include the title of the position in your document name for your resume and cover letter. That means learning how to email the resume and cover letter together as separate documents.
This ensures that hiring managers can locate your file if they search for it in the database. Your resume file name should be either your full name and “resume”, or your full name and the title of the position you’re applying for. These mean something only to you.
Save the shorthand for your notes and use your full last name at the very least. Choose either microsoft word, or a pdf file. Go beyond just your name (maybe) you might choose to provide a bit more detail in the title than simply your name.
They do not need to know the month and year in which you last added something new to this resume. Additionally ensure that your resume file name is saved as per the name in your resume header. Therefore, we would recommend to use hyphen dash or underscore to separate words in your resume names.
If you have a common name, you could also add your middle initial. Although what is inside the file once it’s opened will be more important to a hiring manager, it’s still important to make a strong choice when naming your resume or cover letter. Putting your name, and especially your surname, somewhere in the file name (usually at the front) allows your resume to get more visibility with potential employers.
- Admin Assistant Resume Skills
- Add Linkedin Logo To Resume
- Admin Assistant Resume Description
- Acting Resume Objective Example
- Address On Resume Example
- Acting Resume Special Skills Examples
- Additional Skills For Police Officer Resume
- Administrative Assistant Resume Examples
- Adjunct Professor Resume Examples
- Action Verbs For Resume Customer Service
- Additional Information Section On Resume
- Additional Skills For Sales Resume
- Administrative Assistant Resume Sample Word
- Administrative Assistant Resume Examples Pdf
- Admin Assistant Resume Sample Singapore
- Admin Assistant Resume Template
- Administrative Assistant Resume Sample Pdf
- Adjunct Professor Resume No Teaching Experience
- Admin Assistant Job Description Cv
- Acting Resume Template 2020